Sunday, September 9, 2018

Interlude: The Seasons: A Ballet

Recital time arrives shortly after Brooke signs up for after school ballet. She is ready to be the star of the show despite the fact that she's only just started learning all the dances.


Madame Upchurch welcomes all the parents and families.


She commends the children for all their hard work. She also reminds everyone of the bake sale after the show.


Brooke and her new best friend Sylvia take to the stage first.



They set the tone for the asynchronous evening ahead.


SUPERSTAR!


Soon joined by more classmates. Casey is only here because his mom refuses to shuttle her children to two different activities after school and Ladonna refused to do anything but ballet.


Bless your heart, Casey.


Everyone hates that one person that shows up right in the middle of a song.


Brooke really doesn't approve.


Back to this train wreck.


The brown leaves are the back for a reason. Alma Borders and Jordan Coon spend more than half of the recital splayed out on the floor. At least Brooke does better than those two.





Julia Adkins-Morin, the yellow leaf on the end, keeps forgetting every other step.



Finally!


But only the center block syncs up.


Ever so briefly.



Brooke is well aware that she is killing it.


There goes Jordan.


Boom!


The crowd is less than impressed.



Waiting in the wings while the trio performs.


No one should be surprised that Brooke believes the applause is all for her.


Casey just wants this all to be over already.


Greeting all her adoring fans.



*muah*



It's a rocky start though.


But they quickly fix the slight misstep.




Finally, it's time for Brooke's solo.




The group finally seems to get things mostly together for the finale.


The Seasons: A Ballet


8 comments:

  1. Ummm okay, a few things. This was adorable, HOW IN THE HECK did you DO THIS? (I assume pose player was inolved at parts, or can you ACTUALLY have the kids have a ballet recital? I thought it was a dumb rabbit hole school thing...) And the kids passing out, and others looking like sumo wrestlers... this is all too much! xD
    But the most impressive thing is all the people in audience... being a people in the audience.
    Like, have they no free will?! Oh the Simmanity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This took me SO LONG because my computer kept crashing. I had to add every single one of the sims to my household to be able to put on the recital and have their families in the crowd.

      Usually the recital is a rabbit hole event but I got it into my head that we had to witness Brooke being amazing. The Stiff as a Board dance floor lets sims ballet dance. I placed that dance floor on top of a stage and my kiddies could do ballet. There was a lot of positioning with MOO. Some of the kids that have lower ballet skills will slip and fall in the middle of the routine. It is very funny.

      The family members were all added to my household and forced to sit in those chairs for a multitude of sim hours. Free will off and motives static were my BFF during this shoot.

      Delete
  2. Hey hey, back from your WoW break? Me too =D
    That was an awesome chapter! I actually have a similar one planned too when my legacy kids are older since they're both going to be dancers. Even started getting into Blender and learning to make poses specifically for that (and it's hard, oof). But I don't plan on using that many sims, that looks hard as heck to pose them all. Were they all (kids + adults) in your household for the shooting? That's a lotta people.

    I had a public performance irl last sunday (breakdance, not ballet) and fell down when I tried to get up from a bridge/backbend. Ugh, the humiliation. Forgetting steps and messing up are totally my thing, it's the nervousness. I can relate to this chapter on a personal level xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm still leveling my mage but I'm wanting to get back to my legacy too.

      You are a braver soul than I! I have not been able to figure out how to use Blender at all. I did spend way too much time finding poses and decor and costumes. *headdesk* I seriously poured hours into it and I probably will only use like 5% of what I found.

      Yeah, I added all the adults and kids to my household. It was a MESS. So happy this shoot is done.

      Aaaaawwww I always feel for people when that happens. We're only human!

      Delete
  3. I'm finally caught up! This has seriously been such a fun legacy to read. I really enjoy your writing style--it's lighthearted for the most part, which makes it an easy read, but the occasional sidetracking into plot (like when the ALIENS!!!! came for Jolie) was super fun as well. I also like how you partially-randomize the traits of your sims; I feel like that helps build personalities for them that most players would otherwise try to avoid, which makes for an interesting story. I should implement that in my own gaming, I'm waaayyy too picky about traits. :P

    This chapter was so cute! And impressive. I wish the game actually had something like this for the after school activities. I bet it was a pain to get done, but it looks great! And I'm very excited to see Brooke's generation with her... er, vibrant personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to being caught up and thank you for your kind words! I've found that keeping things light makes it a lot easier for me to write and stay on top of it. Though a few segues into deeper plot are fun from time to time.
      I started doing the randomized traits for my spares when I noticed that all of my sims had only slight variations in personalities because I never wanted to use traits like grumpy or snob. Randomizing things certainly makes playing a lot more interesting.

      I wish we could occasionally see what happens in rabbit holes. Like just have sims perform like 3 or 4 different tasks on loop and you can zoom in an watch them from time to time. It would be so adorable! Brooke is going to be so FABULOUS!

      Delete
  4. Hi, new to MTS and RLC, and have been reading every legacy I can find :)
    I love your use of colors and writing style...
    "I met Rebecca the hag," Lindsay says.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome! I am slowly chugging along on this legacy. So happy to hear you're enjoying it. :D

      Lindsay is fantastic and I wish I could keep her but she'll be a YA soon. *sadface*

      Delete