Friday, October 12, 2018

Chapter 3.19: Can We Do It?

Brooke's ballet class  lines up next to Madame Upchurch for a class photo right before their recital begins.

Brooke is head of the line, of course, she's not about to let anyone else outshine her.


The recital is so exciting and fun. Brooke flows through the motions seamlessly, even as more experienced students flounder and fall. She is in the zone and it is obvious to everyone that she was born to be on stage.


Brooke is awarded the Star Student award and Madame Upchurch hands her a shiny gold trophy at the end of the show. Brooke revels in the applause. She closes her eyes and imagines a deafening crowd cheering her name. Jude applauds the loudest and Brooke beams at him from the stage.



After the recital the children sell baked goods and lemonade to raise funds for the after school club. Brooke watches Jordan Coon's table like a hawk. Outselling her would be the cherry on this marvelous night.

"Why do I have to make lemonade?" Casey groans. "I just danced for an hour. I need a break!"
Brooke rolls her eyes and responds, "Just think about the fantastic costumes we'll be able to get for next recital."
"I'm quitting ballet as soon as I get to high school so I'm not even going to be here for the next recital," Casey whines.
"You can't quit," Jordan chimes in, "You're the only boy and we have to have someone to lift us!"
"Find another boy then!" Casey shoots back.
Brooke makes a face at Jordan and says, "You can't make him stay just because you need him around to draw attention away from your terrible feet!"

Casey lets out a barking laugh that he muffles behind a clasped hand.

Jordan huffs angrily, "What do you know? You've only been to a few classes and I've been doing ballet since I was a toddler."
Brooke's eyes go wide like a fawn, "Really? Is that why I got the award tonight?"

Jordan's cheeks flush an angry red and she stomps off to find her gaggle of followers leaving her table unattended.

Brooke: 2 Jordan: BIG FAT ZERO


Brooke can hardly contain her excitement from the evening. She rushes to her room to display her beautiful trophy above her bed. That night she dreams about all the news stories that will be written about her when she's famous.


The following morning Jude watches proudly as his daughters head off to school. He never thought his life would end up this right.

He brushes Knight and thinks about how differently things would have gone if he had never met Vera. He'd have been a single dad of two and Brooke wouldn't exist at all. The idea sends a cold chill up his spine.

"That's not what happened," Jude says out loud.

Knight looks at him and gives his head a little shake.

"That's right," Jude says with a smile.


Vera receives a promotion to high school teacher and she eagerly takes the job, and the raise.

"I'm not going to be teaching elementary school anymore," she announces to Brooke. "I'm moving up to high school."
"Are you still going to be able to help me with my homework?" Brooke asks. "Or can you only help the high schoolers now?"
"Of course I can still help you. I'm your mom and I'll always help you."
Brooke shoots her mother a smile, "Then, congratulations on your new job!"


Lindsay is very confused about why Arthur invited her over and then insisted they sit around working on homework that isn't even due until next Monday.

"What are we doing, Arthur?"
"Hhhmm?," Arthur hums quizzically. "We're doing homework."
"But why? Why aren't we like on a date? Are you embarrassed by me?"
Arthur looks up startled, "Wait what? I'm not embarrassed! My parents just won't let me go out on a school night."
Lindsay's face flushes, "Oh."
"Yeah," he says.


Another derby another trophy for Jude's shelf.


Cameo is enjoying being an elderly horse. She gets groomed every day, can eat all the grass and hay she wants, and spends her days taking naps wherever she pleases. Being a horse has never been more relaxing.


Thursday morning finds Lindsay thinking of one thing and one thing only.

"I want to be an artist," she says after breakfast. "I 100% bonafide artist with paintings being sold in galleries."
"That sounds like fantastic goal," Vera says. "Have you thought about joining the art club?"
"I don't want to join the art club," she explains.


"I want to go to Champs Les Sims and experience real art."
Vera chuckles, "Oh, is that all?"
"I know it'll be expensive but it's for my future. That's gotta be worth more than a few thousand simoleons!"
"Have you talked to your dad about this?"
Lindsay bites her lip, "I was hoping you could? I think he'd be more open to it coming from you? Please?"
"I'll see what I can do."


Lindsay gives out a holler that brings Brooke running.

"You're the best, mom!"
"Don't get your hopes up just yet. Let's see what dad says."
"About what?" Brooke asks.
"About none of your business," Lindsay shoots back.
"Girls!" Vera scolds.
"Sorry," Lindsay replies sheepishly.


"I bet whatever you were talking about isn't as cool as my pirouette!" Brooke says.
"It's definitely cooler because I just asked for a trip to FRANCE!"
"I want to go!" Brooke yelps.
"We haven't agreed that anyone is going anywhere except for up to your rooms to get ready for school. Go!"

"We're totally going to France," Lindsay whispers to Brooke as they walk to the stairs.
"Totally," Brooke agrees.


It's an easier sell than Vera thought possible.

"We should all go to Champs Les Sims," Jude says as soon as Vera is done talking.
"All of us?"
"I think we've earned a vacation don't you?"
Vera nods, "I'll let the girls know."


Brooke is so excited she has to go tell the chickens all about their upcoming tip.

"We're going during winter break," she squeals at the chicks. "It's going to be so fun!"


Gnomes are the cutest!


"I'm going to have to leave you for a few days, girl."

Cameo nuzzles Jude lovingly. It doesn't matter that he knows she'll be well cared for, he hasn't spent a night away from Cameo since he brought her home.


Michael makes sure all the appliances are at top operating shape. No point in leaving things half done. This stove will be in it's best condition or else!


Brooke meets up with Ladonna Gates (her second cousin) after school to work on homework.

"Do you think Madame Upchurch will give me a leading part in the winter recital?"
Ladonna shrugs, "Usually, Jordan gets the lead."
Brooke rolls her eyes, "Jordan has two left feet. I'm a way better ballerina than she is!"


"It's true! I'll just be happy to be in any of the numbers."
"What? You're good enough to be in the front of our dances!"
"Not according to Jordan and her friends. They always tease me that Madame Upchurch doesn't even know I'm alive."


"Hhhhmmppphh!" Brooke says as she jumps out of her chair. "We'll show them! Let's practice now and that way next lesson you'll really stand out and Jordan and eat her words."
"You really think I can stand out?"
"Of course you can, Ladonna! C'mon, let's dance!"


Jude has a heart to heart with Knight before boarding him at the equestrian center.


"You're not too good for a homework date now?" Arthur teases.
Lindsay laughs, "Shut up! I'm sorry I'm so awkward."
"Eh, I wouldn't like you nearly as much if you weren't."


Michael just being Michael while waiting on a grim reaper who refuses to show.


Bodica is one step closer to meeting the reaper too.


Drew crashes Lindsay and Arthur's homework date. Neither of them minds at all.


"I love handing out with my best boys."
"Your best boys?" Drew asks.
"Yeah, " Lindsay answers. "My boyfriend and my best friend slash second cousin. My best boys. It's a rather exclusive club. You should feel honored."
"I know I do," Arthur says.
Drew rolls his eyes, "Gag me already."


That evening Amira appears and instead of doing something deep and meaningful with the time given to her to walk the mortal plane, she plays on the slip and slide.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 Michael is an astonishing 132 days young. The reaper is never coming for him.

I swear the family is really going to France, I just didn't get to it this update.

Arthur is seriously the most understanding boyfriend ever.

Sorry for the long break between chapters, work has been so insane!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for updates!! That last picture with Amira had me giggling. At least she has her priorities in order!

    I know she isn't heir, but I love Lindsay. She turned out looking so unique, and I really dig it. Also, the clothes you give her are the best. And Michael, lol! I'm rooting for him to meet his great-grandchildren, even though Brooke is still so young. I believe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amira is fantastic. She has all her priorities in order.

      Lindsay has been a fun surprise. Random traits have been my friend with her. LOL Her clothes are how you know she's artistic. :D

      Poor Michael would do anything to just be with Amira again. It would be sweet for him to meet his great grandchildren but he is so mopey this days it is so sad to play him.

      Delete