Sunday, May 20, 2018

Chapter 3.9: Crawling in my Skin

Jude is still off making deals with the devil when Lindsay ages into childhood.


Vera is annoyed that her husband has had to miss out on this important moment in their daughter's life. Lindsay is completely unfazed by her father's absence and more interested in inspecting her new longer limbs and shoulder length hair


This has never been Varinia's forte but in celebration of her great-granddaughter's birthday she tries to make some mac and cheese. She manages to not light the house on fire but her mac and cheese is harder than a rock. No one eats it.


As soon as he arrives back from his meeting with Rebecca, Jude fries up a drumstick. The bowl of mac and cheese on the counter has Varinia written all over it and he's not about to risk his health just to appease his grandmother in law. Nope.


Lindsay moves in to the big girl room. With Jolie gone this bed has been empty for a while. Her side of the room gets a make over appropriate for a child and Lindsay loves it. Even her stuffed unicorn and duck have a place. Just because she's a child now doesn't mean she has to leave her best friends behind.


Amira and Michael share some alone time in the snowfall. It's so hard to find a quiet place in this house anymore. There's always someone in every room doing random things.

"I missed you tonight," Michael whispers.
"I'm here now," Amira replies.
"Have you thought about," Michael takes a pause before continuing, "retiring at all?"

Amira frowns.

"I thought we talked about this, Michael. I like working. I like my job. It's exciting! I'm not ready to give that up yet."

Michael raises his hands in surrender.


Snowflake Day sneaks up on everyone. Claude and Vera insist on throwing a gift giving party. Everyone is invited. Jolie and Rickey are back in port for a few nights and they are happy to have a family get together to attend while they are in town.


"Do you plan on retiring soon?" Amira asks Moira. "Michael has been pushing for me to retire but I'm not ready."
Moira shakes her head and says, "I enjoy playing with the quartet for now. I don't plan to retire until it gets to be difficult for me to play. However, playing an instrument and remembering music is hardly the same as what you do. I understand why your husband wants you to retire."
"What exactly do you mean?"

Moira rolls her eyes and sighs.

"Amira, c'mon. You know your job is dangerous. You can't seriously be oblivious to the fact that your family worries about you every night you go out there."

Amira crosses her arms and sulks refusing to believe that maybe her sister is right.


Despite all the open seating, everyone decides to sit on the floor. Vivian is the first to get to open a present. Dion hovers over the presents waiting impatiently for his own turn.


Michele is excited when she receive a Snow Cone Machine. It's the gift she didn't even know she wanted!


After everyone has left, Lindsay takes a mental tally of all her relatives. There were a few green sims, including her mother. A bunch or red/pink sims. Her sister and father are brown. Yet, somehow, she is yellow skinned. She doesn't know a whole lot about genetics but she's pretty sure green + brown does not make yellow. It plants a small seed of doubt in her mind.


Lindsay invites her grandfather to a game of chess.

"Are you yellow?" she asks.
"I'm white." Michael answers nonchalantly.
"No no," she continues, "I mean are you yellow like me?"

Michael looks up startled.

He responds slowly, "Why?"
"There's no one else in the family with my skin color. Why am I yellow if no one else is? It doesn't make any sense, grandpa. Am I adopted?"
"Hhhhmm, you're not adopted."
"Then why am I. . ."
Michael cuts her off, "Honey, sometimes things just happen. Poof, surprise! Just like that. It's your move."

Lindsay shrugs and wonders if he's telling her the truth.


Jude is completely focused on training with Cameo and totally unaware of Lindsay's growing suspicion. All he can think about is replacing the missing money from the family's funds. It's the least he can do.


Varinia enjoys her newly refurbished music room. Just because they have moved doens't mean she can't have this AWESOME! room again.


Even in dreams she wonders.


This gnome is far too thrilled by the dirty toilet.


I used to be young, Varinia remembers fondly. She thinks back on days when her joints didn't hurt and she could drum for hours on end. She thinks back on running after her children instead of hobbling behind her great grandchildren. She sighs. It's been a good life, she assures herself.

4 comments:

  1. These sims, they will not heal!

    I bet gnome caused the dirty toilet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will have a lifetime of drama, poor things. I'm not sure how next gen will shape up but the last two have been pretty angsty.

      I hate the evil gnome but I love him at the same time.

      Delete
  2. How DOES one make yellow? HHhmmmMMMMMMMM!

    Even the true primary colors (Cyan, Magenta YELLOW) have to rely on yellow, Maybe she is the progenitor of a new species. That is the only explanation.

    I love the cute bedroom setup, and the horse riding in the snow- those are so much fun to play with, but they require so much space it's difficult to add a horse to an existing family home. Looks like a fun family to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Lindsay is Rebecca's child and Rebecca has a light yellow skin tone mixed with Jude's dark brown = Dark yellow. Poor kid doesn't know she's not Vera's child.

      This lot came with a horse stable and a lot of backyard room so I'm lucky in that regard. They also live right around the corner from the horse training grounds.

      They are very fun to play. I just can't believe how long my elders have hung on!!

      Delete