Thursday, December 4, 2014

Chapter 1.16: Lost and Not Yet Found

What's happening?


It's birthday time in the Van Hofwegen household. Sometimes it feels like every day is birthday day.


Moira feels the desire to express herself artistically and with large statement jewelry.


Amira only has one question.
"Why haven't you married mom yet?"
"I have Roman to worry about and the timing just isn't right. . . "
These are the things Claude tells himself at night.


"Great, more hormones. Just pack it on LlamaGod!"


Amira takes a moment to hug Roman. He may be sarcastic and weird but he's still her brother.


"All the girls want to talk about is why we aren't married yet."
"I know," Varinia whispers. "It'll happen when it's right."


"If it were true love, you'd have done it by now! You're not getting any younger, y'know."
Moira paints her feelings on love. Red and messy.


Claude worries. They aren't getting any younger and all the money in the world can't buy happiness. Maybe now is the time?



At the very least, he can give his love some flowers.
"I'd wait for you forever."
"I'm already yours." Varinia replies.
This is more than she has ever wanted and she doesn't understand the pressure to be married. It's just a piece of paper. There'll be time for that later.


Guitars are awesome. Varinia now owns and displays these two.


"I wrote this piece for you."
The notes float through the air and fill Claude with joy and hope.


"This is good," Claude admits. "This is more than enough."


Claude dreams about buying a house and moving in together. All his children under one roof with two parents. Varinia dreams about excelling at her craft. She wants promotions and raises and accolades.


Leila has feelings. Feelings she doesn't have any other way to express.


Maybe I shouldn't have done that, she thinks.


This is what remorse looks like.


The snowmen hang on for dear life well into the spring days.


I'll find a love potion that works and then they'll have to get married.


Selma resorts to fishing instead of pulling pranks. It's serene and satisfying.


"Why?" Amira tries hard not to whine. Just for once she'd like to pretend they are a normal family.
"Because it's my choice, not yours. When and if I feel the need to get married then I will but until then I'm very happy with how things are. I've got to do it for me and not because everyone else wants it."
Amira can almost understand that.


"Homework sucks."
"The world sucks," Moira says. "The only thing that makes it better is my art."
"Right. I don't really feel that way about anything."
"Maybe it's better that way."


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Because of all the snow days the girls never managed to get better than a C and the game chose their teen traits.

Amira Van Hofwegen
Athletic
Clumsy
Kleptomaniac
Shy

Moira Van Hofwegen
Good
Artistic
Adventurous
Rebellious

4 comments:

  1. Poor Leila and her feelings. She's really growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of all the waste paying for two separate homes, really.

    The guitars on the wall! How brilliant is that! Ima steal the idea, steal it I tell you! Guessing it's just a move objects cheat on a OMSP?

    Leila's not so crazy she thinks she can become a delinquent. That's good.

    Moira's the good kind of rebellious. That's uhhh... good I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true but Varinia's roll was single and I had to wait until the twins were half way through their teen years before I could move someone in. For the sake of the story, Varinia is just living her best life the only way she knows how.

      The guitars are on an OMSP and yes, I used moveobjects to place them. Wait till you see what I did for AWESOME!

      Leila is still very sweet even if she is insane.

      Moira just wants to paint things and stick it to the man, legally.

      Delete