Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Chapter 1.12: Just a Little More Time

"Our only wish, to catch a fish, so juicy sweeeet!"
No one questions Selma.


Happy birthday!


That's a face.


Claude has done well by his girls.


"I'd like a job but no one will hire me even when I beg!"
Poor Leila is clueless.


"I was disappointed that you didn't have pink hair. Pink hair is the mark of the power, at least that's what my mother told me."


It's hard to have adult time when you share a bed with your child.


"I need you to stand still. If I don't succeed at this spell my powers will dwindle."
"Is this going to hurt? It sounds like it's going to hurt."
"I promise it won't hurt."


"Might be a bit cold though!"


"BOOM! Instant ice sculpture. I hope the girls don't freak out when they see her like this."
Claude doesn't often talk to himself but when he does it's because he's just frozen his girlfriend solid.


Varinia breaks free before any of the girls wake up for school.
"That sucked. Never again!"


While trying to warm up Varinia encounters hair dye in the shampoo. Just the perfect start to the day.


"Do you like to paint, Amira?"
"I guess."
"Would you rather have an instrument of your own? Or maybe a fishing pole like Selma has?"
"Nah, we barely have any simoleons, mom. If I wanted a fishing pole or something, I'd just take it."
"What do you mean, 'just take it'?"
"You know, like on loan but not."
Varinia is troubled by this revelation.


This muffin sucks. I could steal a way better one from the bakery.


WHEE!


"Can I have a job, PRETTY PLEASE?!"
Finally the spa gives in and gives Leila a job.


"Can I stock fish?"
Selma also acquires a job.


Maeve can feel her birthday approaching. It's the middle of the night and everyone is asleep.


Young adult life.


Just a couple more to go.


"I think we need to find better outlets for your creativity."
"I'm a free spirit please respect my need to be flighty and off the grid."
"But you could work. . ."


"It's not about simoleons, it's about my SOUL."
"It's all about simoleons," Amira says from the kitchen. "Don't be so naive."


"I let the hair dye in the shampoo bottle slide because it was kind of funny but all these pranks are getting on my last nerve!"
"You let Leila tag up the house and I get in trouble for a little whoopee cushion joke? How's that fair?"
"Leila cleans up her art. You, on the other hand, are not being productive or improving a skill."


"Fine. I'm sorry. Ok?"


"You ride that broomstick, Selma. Whoo!"


"Well that was quick."


Maeve is graduating today. She has big plans for herself. Medical school and an internship at the local hospital await her. She's doing exactly what she set out to do all those years ago. She only wishes her father could have seen her graduate and become a success.


Proud graduate.


Proud mother.


All around proud.


"Maeve spent all night working at the chemistry station," Selma whispers. "She's going to bomb the school."


Maeve and platypus Israel.


Before she can head home, Gala pulls her aside.
"I have something for you from your father. He left it in his will though I don't know why. Congratulations on not failing out of high school."
"Not failing? I graduated with high honors, was class valedictorian and was voted 'Most Likely to Take Over the World'!"
"Good for you."

Maeve takes the gift home not wanting to open it in front of such a horrible woman.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Selma Van Hofwegen
Hydrophobic
Angler
Genius
Good Sense of Humor

Maeve Van Hofwegen
Absent-Minded
Daredevil
Good
Genius
Over-Emotional
LTW: World Renowned Surgeon

Israel Drudge
Technophobe
Brave
Disciplined
Genius
Perceptive
LTW: Alchemy Artisan

I feel like I should mention that I use random traits on spares.

6 comments:

  1. One down, four to go, hmm? Further than what I am with my five, 3 teens, one child and one toddler I have, hehe.

    How many of the kids are witches? I'm curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kicking myself for letting so much time pass between Maeve and Leila but now I'm happy because it allowed me time to get established and I felt like I had more time to get to know my founder. Good luck with your five!
      3 out of 4 of Claude's kids with Varinia are witches.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Israel seems to be the master of duckface.

      Delete
  3. Sheesh, Selma is pretty too! Good lookin' kids! (Maybe it all Varinia's genes though ;P)

    Varinia gets all the power in this episode.

    "Like on a loan but not". Flawless reasoning.

    Also, yay Leila! Was she really getting turned down for places? I could see her a ditsy spa receptionist honestly. And what the h3ll is she wearing to her sister's graduation!? (I love it on her)

    Maeve, don't go!! I like you!!

    Poor Isreal with that face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know I think Varinia and Claude just have a great mix of genes. All the girls came out adorable.

      Amira's reasoning works for her and I guess that's all that matters?

      Leila didn't really get turned down for a job, I was just lazy about getting her a job even though they totally needed the money. She wore one of the costumes that comes with the Movie Stuff pack. (https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/stuffpacks/moviestuff.php)

      I love Maeve and I'm so sad I couldn't keep her in the house.

      He got a trouty mouth. LOL

      Delete