Friday, November 14, 2014

Chapter 1.5: Too Much All at Once

It's not long before Varinia starts to feel the effects of her tryst with Claude. A new baby is not an unwelcome thought for Varinia but she does wonder how Claude will feel about it.


The only thing she worries about is the lack of space. Poor Maeve doesn't even have a room of her own, where are they going to fit a baby? Somehow they'll work it out though, Varinia is certain of it.

All Maeve cares about is that their house is so rundown and always dirty. It's so embarrassing!


The only place Maeve has where she can be alone is the bathroom. She sits in the puddle of the broken shower and just hugs her doll. She wishes they didn't have to live like this. She wishes her father, whoever he is, would come and save her from this horrible place. Only Cuddles understands how she feels.


Maeve tries her best to pick up and clean but no matter how hard she scrubs, things keep getting dirty.


Varinia visits Claude's house after he comes home from work.
"I have something to tell you and I hope you don't freak out."
Claude nods and takes a deep breath to calm his nerves.
"What is it, Varinia? You can tell me anything."
"We're going to have a child and I'm very excited about it though I would understand if you are not."


Claude is shocked and not quite sure how he feels.
"Oh wow," is all Claude can say. "Wow."
Varinia takes that as a positive response and hugs Claude to her.


She stops at the library on the way home. She figures she should probably read up on how to raise half witch babies. There's a high probability her child will have some powers and she has no idea what that could entail.


Her mom is never home to make meals so Maeve saves up her chore money to buy herself a kid oven. She bakes herself fresh muffins every morning. Day in and day out it's muffins for every meal except school lunch.


Varinia isn't even aware of her failings as a parent. She proudly scrubs the sink as proof that she knows how to keep a home. She wonders when the new batch of muffins will be done so that she can eat.


Maeve brings Israel Drudge home from school. He's the only kid that doesn't make fun of Maeve because she lives in a shack.
"We can't go inside," Maeve says. "My mom is in there."
"Ok. We can play outside."


However, instead of playing tag or building a snowman these two sit down on the front stoop and do their homework together.


Varinia's scream pierces the air and before Maeve can stop him, Israel rushes inside.
"What's wrong? What is it? Should I call 911?" he shouts.
Maeve follows on his heels and when she sees the stove on fire she shrieks.
"You never cook! You never ever cook! Why would you do this?"


Varinia hadn't realized that Maeve was even home or that she had brought a friend. Seeing the children in danger, Varinia springs into action and grabs the fire extinguisher.


"Mom it's everywhere! We have to go." Maeve sobs.
Varinia puts out the fire and sends Israel home so that she can assess the damage. The insurance company will only pay out §144 even though it'll cost §480 to replace the stove and the bathroom door. Varinia has to dig deep into their funds to fix the items.

Varinia's heart breaks when she hears Maeve sobbing over the fire and the cost of the new items. Maeve has no idea that her mother can hear her through the brand new bathroom door.


The following morning brings the birth of another child. Maeve panics when she sees her mother double over in pain.
"What should I do?"
"Nothing, Maeve. The baby will come when it's ready."


Shortly after, Leila is born.


Claude rushes over at the news of the birth.
"How are you doing?" he asks as he tries to catch his breath. "How's the baby?"
Varinia smiles kindly.
"We're both fine. In fact, I'm back to work tomorrow."


Claude meets his new daughter and immediately starts taking care of her needs.


She's such a sweet little thing. Claude is surprised at how happy seeing Leila makes him.


"This is the best gift you could have ever given me," Claude whispers.
Varinia couldn't be happier to hear those words.


With both the girls asleep, Varinia drags Claude into the bathroom.
"How would you feel about another one?"
She doesn't have to wait for Claude's answer.


While his family sleeps, Claude casts a few protection spells.


He cares for Leila so that Maeve and Varinia can have a good night's sleep.


Varinia gets another promotion but is put on maternity leave again as soon as she starts to look pregnant. Her bosses give her another book to read, Don't Upstage the Band, while she's on leave.


Claude has a proposal.


"Claude, I'm happy to have another child with you but I don't want to get married. I'm just not ready for that. I thought we agreed."
"You're right, we did. I'm sorry I brought it up."
Claude wonders if the rejection has something to do with the fact that he doesn't have many simoleons to his name.


Claude surprises Varinia with some flowers.
"You didn't have to do that."
"I wanted to. I've never been so happy and I want you to know that."


Claude secretly hopes to win Varinia's heart.


Maeve is not thrilled to find out that her mother is pregnant again.
"This is so embarassing! Where are we going to put another baby? I don't even have my own bed. Everyone at school makes fun of me because we live in a shack in the swamp. I hate this! I wish my father would take me away!"
"Maeve, try to understand. . . "
Maeve locks herself in the bathroom and refuses to come out.

Varinia calls Claude and cries into her phone. If only she could make her daughter understand.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Leila Van Hofwegen
Insane
Clumsy

OUTTAKES

Bernadette Sprinkle the firefighter showed up while Varinia was putting out the fire. She stood there and did nothing, nor did I get a pop up. She stood there all night until I finally reset her. She then immediately came back, praised Varinia for putting out the fire and told her to be more careful.


Varinia really hates anything that has to do with Imaginary Friends.

7 comments:

  1. aww poor Maeve at least your mommy aint completely insane on top of that house, but you haft to live with multiple so I guess... poor Maeve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Maeve, indeed. She really hates her life. D:

      Delete
  2. Maeve, poor kid, I kind of want to hold her and take care of her and feed her something other than cupcakes! Varinia's kind of clueless, huh..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Varinia is so wrapped up in her own world that she pretty much fails as a parent. On the other hand, she really loves her family unconditionally. So there is that. Maeve is the sweetest. She didn't deserve to be the guinea pig of her mother's child raising skill.

      Delete
  3. Hey, don't mind me, just reading this legacy from the beginning trying to catch up. I thought I'd comment along the way :)
    Those were some really nice shots of the fire. And poor Maeve... life must be so frustrating for her right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maeve hugging Cuddles in the puddle! I'm sad for her, but it makes sense that she's a neat freak because of it.

    And Claude and Varinia are sweet together. It's funny how they'd both be good in a relationship together. He was really a witch, huh? There goes my swamp thing theory...

    Leila is my favorite color of ice cream (mint chocolate chip) so I've decided that she's my favorite. And they had another one right away!! Yay!! We're not stuck with more Twinbrrok townies! xD Also, that was a cute little moment, 'how would you feel about another one'.

    Leila is insane and clumsy, huh? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maeve has all the feels about her living situation but she grows to appreciate all the love in her home even if she shared a bed with her mom for far too long.

      Like I said, they are pretty much made for each other. They agree on most things and are pretty happy (most of the time) to be in a relationship without being married. He is legit a witch. >.< I haven't played around much with supernaturals so I dumped a bunch of random supernaturals in Twinbrook to see what would happen. This legacy is what happened. LOL

      Leila is so funny! She is insane and yet, mostly able to interact with others normally. She is super funny. Things get a bit sadder for her later on but her formative years are pretty hilarious.

      More babies. ALL OF THE BABIES. This roll was meant to break me but I survived!

      Delete