Saturday, November 15, 2014

Chapter 1.8: Family Over All

"You and mom aren't married. It's because of shanshu, right? The prophecy won't be denied."
"No, sweetie. It's because mom and I aren't ready. Hopefully, one day we will be."
Claude worries for Leila and her bouts of insanity. She loses touch with reality too often.


She's just a child. Claude tries not too worry too much. They need to be able to just enjoy life too. A game of tag brings Leila back to reality.


"Why won't you just please just go to the hospital?"
"I can do this. . .don't worry. . . so much, Maevey."


Claude takes Leila and Selma to his house so that Varinia can labor in peace. With Maeve's help, Varinia gives birth to twins Amira and Moira.


Varinia starts to think that having these babies back to back wasn't such a good idea.


Leila brings this scary faced child home from school. Her name is Carina Pincher-Peddler and they've been tasked with becoming friends for extra credit.


She stayes there way past bedtime.


"Crying trees will never cease. Never cease."


It's prom night. Israel picks Maeve up from work.
"You didn't have to pick me up from work," Maeve says as she blushes. "I still have to get dressed."
"You can dress in the limo. I promise I won't look, I'm a gentleman."


Prom time!


Maeve is feeling impulsive and decides she needs a fresh change.


"Your ears are too big. You should get them trimmed."
Maeve worries about putting her life in this crazy woman's hands.


Cool cat coming through.


New hair was in order as well. Varinia feels very fulfilled when she sees her new look.
"I love it!"


Selma has some words with her babysitter.
"I want a real goldfish one day but I don't really like water."


Everett comes over to see Maeve but she's still at prom. He decides to wait. Sometimes his house is too loud and too quiet all at the same time.


Israel and Maeve had an amazing time at prom. They chicken danced all night.


The following day brings the twins' birthday.


Moira in all her glory.


Amira's turn.


Bam!


Varinia doesn't waste time when it comes to teaching her children life skills.


"And then Juanita was all, blah blah blahditty. Gnnnng! Robot decent imminent."
Lost in her own little world.


Finally a moment alone.


"Happy birthday. Sorry you had to spend it alone."
"Thanks for coming by and bringing me a cake. I thought everyone would have been too busy to even remember."
"You're my little brother, I'll always remember."


Maeve heads to karaoke with Israel even though it's getting late.


This is the only time they have alone together since they both work after school jobs. They're just getting into the second chorus when a policeman enter.
"You two are out past curfew," he booms.
Maeve drops her microphone in panic.
"Run, Maeve. I'll distract him!"
Maeve and Israel take off running without a second thought.


They disappear into the night.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Selma Van Hofwegen
Angler
Hydrophobic (unfortunate)
Genius

Amira Van Hofwegen
Athletic
Clumsy (yech)

Moira Van Hofwegen
Good
Artistic


The 5th and last child has been born. Now to get them all to YA!

9 comments:

  1. Ah, 5 kids. It's fun, trust me. Speaking from someone else who is in the process of writing for 5 kids, there's so many characters you can explore!
    That and 5 kidlywinks are fun to play with, hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all O.O when I got the roll for Gen 1 because it is insane. I thought I'd go nuts with 5 kids but they've been awesome. Yay! good luck with your 5.

      Delete
  2. YIKES @ single sim + five kids.. not to mention single female sim. I cant imagine how you are managed financially with all the maternity leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lot of creative managing. Every time she got a raise or bonus all the money would immediately go into expanding the house. It was a MESS.

      Delete
  3. Catching up on this blog first. Enjoying it very much so far!

    Love the founder's hairstyle progressions. :) And five kids always tends to make the parents seem a little inattentive, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coincidence: I'm in the middle of rereading your R&R legacy right now.

      When I got the single parent, 5 kids roll I almost cried. These first few chapters were such a wreck. Now my town is overpopulated by Varinia's brood.

      Delete
  4. Varinia's new hairstyle looks great! I'm curious to see who the heir will be - I really like Maeve :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Run kids run!

    It's so great that Maeve is there for her half brother. Sounds like she got the better end of the deal even though he grew up with money. Varinia's makeover looked great on her, so really fits in that way.

    Moira and Amira... so bright, I can't see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids run faster than a cop can drive, I guess? They were able to get away so I'll take that as a win.

      Maeve definitely got the better end of the deal when it comes to parents. Even if Varinia is utterly clueless she is absolutely present.

      Moira and Amira are tiny rainbows!

      Delete