Thursday, November 13, 2014

Chapter 1.4: Emotional Mayhem

Varinia loves spending time with Maeve. You can see it on her face.


Maeve is pretty brilliant. She learns skills at lightning speed. Varinia is ever so thankful that potty training doesn't take forever.


However, Maeve still puts everything she finds in her mouth, so she can't be that brilliant. This music thing is hard.


Cheevy tambalunak vuvats nooboo. . .


Brilliant!


"Mama is not married because earrings are much more fashionable than rings."


Varinia calls Claude over to consult with him when she receives a text invitation from DeAndre.
"Should I go?"
"That's a terrible idea," Claude says. "Break free, Varinia."
"But what if this is his attempt to reconcile his relationship with Maeve? Is this his idea of an olive branch?"
Claude shrugs and picks at his nails. "I suppose."


Varinia hugs Claude to her.
"You're the best friend I could ever dream of having."


Claude plays with Maeve while Varinia gets ready for the party. He tries to ignore the way his chest grows tight at the thought of DeAndre being around.


Varinia is having second thoughts as she heads to DeAndre's house for his costume party. What if he shuns her? What if he shuns, Maeve? Varinia doesn't think she'd be able to handle that.


Varinia wasn't aware that DeAndre was rich. She wonders why he hasn't tried to help support his daughter but then she realizes that she wouldn't have allowed herself to accept any financial support from him anyway.


She throws on a ninja costume because it's the only thing the costume store had in stock.


Varinia arrives just in time to see DeAndre getting showered with affection. There are women everywhere.


"I'm a fucking rock god, babydoll!" DeAndre shouts.
Varinia is extremely put off by his arrogance.


"Why'd you bring the rug rat?" he yells when he sees Maeve playing quietly in the corner.
"What did you call her?" Varinia answers angrily.
"A RUG RAT because that's what she is! You're trying to ruin my life with this stupid kid."
Even though it's obvious that DeAndre has been drinking heavily, Varinia cannot bite her tongue."
"DeAndre, you are a horrible sim! Don't call me, don't try to contact my daughter, don't even walk on the same side of the street as us. She'll never know who you are and she'll be better off because of it. We want nothing to do with you!"


Varinia scoops up Maeve and heads out. She doesn't care that she's caused a scene and she gives the gossiping party guests a challenging look that shuts them up immediately. Maeve deserves better than this.


Varinia tries to busy herself with playing music while Maeve takes an afternoon nap. Thankfully, Maeve is young enough that she won't remember how terrible her father really is.


Claude rushes over in the rain when he hears what happened.


"Don't worry," he soothes. "DeAndre is the one that's really missing out. You and Maeve are shining stars."


Maeve has her birthday with Claude and Varinia in attendance. She's not sure about childhood. Where is she supposed to sleep?
 

And why is every single inch of this place filthy?


Maeve goes to her first day of school even though there was a heavy snow the night before and school has been canceled. She doesn't want to miss a single thing.

Varinia invites Claude over again to thank him for being there for her through all of her tribulations.


Claude surprises her with a tender kiss. Varinia's heart stutters as their lips meet.


It's not long before she's invited Claude into her bed. She's not sure why but she knows that this is the right move.


She lets her emotions take control and enjoys every moment.


Soon after, it's time for work. Claude and Varinia head out together. They both wonder if what they did was right, considering that neither of them has any intentions of getting married. All that Varinia knows is that it was the right move for her.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Maeve Van Hofwegen
Genius
Good
Daredevil

8 comments:

  1. those toddlers eyes are so cute! still was cute as a kid, but as a toddler adorable!

    yah bout what you said on the board I'm rather ahead to I just finished writing 1.15 and I just post 1.9 but I haven't played that save in like a week so i've been quite ahead for awhile, but I needed to figure out some mods issues so it was for the best.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mod issues are the worst! Good luck figuring it out.

      I take SO MANY pictures that sorting through them and arranging them takes hours. So I'm way ahead in my game (almost beginning gen 2) and have about 8 or 9 chapters to write and update.

      I love Maeve and Varinia's eyes so much!

      Delete
  2. Methinks baby two? Generally, in legacies sex(or woohooo, whichever you choose)= Baby (or nooboo, if we're sticking with this theme ;) )

    DeAndre's rather a jerk, however, rockstars kinda are. I think Varnia will be much happier with Claude.

    As for catching up to pictures from game play onto chapters, and all that jazz, never come across the problem. I plan the chapter, then shoot and write each picture in turn. There usually seems to be a place to stop then (for me, at the end of the sim day or when there's a cliffhanger, I adore cliffhangers, mwahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so hard to get sims to woohoo sometimes so I rarely do it unless I'm trying for a baby. Hahaha

      DeAndre is a jerk. He's let fame get to his head. Funny thing is that DeAndre is Varinia's boss even though he is in the rock star branch and she is in the symphony. They are best friends because of work but I don't even take that into account when writing the story.

      I get super carried away playing because OMG I WANT TO KNOW and then I end up with hundreds of pictures to sort through. Not fun! I'm trying to catch up by organizing them and uploading them and then writing the chapter while on my lunch break. Hopefully I'll catch up soon.

      Delete
  3. Maeve was an adorable toddler. I love how colorful all your sims are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when random colors pop up in the family tree. It's so fun!

      Delete
  4. The chimneys in the game are such crap. DeAndre has that gorgous home with those eyesore chimneys. Ugh... alright I'm done. But there's totally a CASTable chimney somewhere on the Modthesims, I jsut don't think it was updated with newer game versions? Whatever!

    Maeve is cute, and Varnia's last look to DeAndre was great, very telling and a nice shot of the moment. He looks hilarious with that spiky hair though.

    Aww the tender kiss from Claude!! (And they both have commitment issues, which is so perfect!) It doesn't feel casual or too romantic, I like their relationships so far. Like they aren't trying to rush anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the chimneys in game suck. I rarely use them because they are such eyesores.

      DeAndre got spiky hair when he became a rock star I guess? That hair is so funny in game. Too many of my townies sport it.

      Claude and Varinia are basically made for each other. They are absolutely perfect. They get even cuter with age.

      Delete