Sunday, November 16, 2014

Chapter 1.9: Get Attention from Dad

Maeve outruns the cops and wonders if Israel made it home safe. Her house is a wreck but she barely notices.


Selma's first day of school brings about a realization for everyone.


She's the first child to be able to use the broomstick that Claude gave the girls. She whizzes off to school as if she's been riding broomsticks her entire life.


Just Varinia and the twins today.


This stranger appears and cleans the house a bit before leaving. Varinia thinks he's very rude.


"I promise I'll stop serving you the hotdogs I drop on the floor."


"I love you mom!"


Maeve spends some time with her father and half-siblings. There are expensive guitars everywhere. Maeve proves she can play.


"Sorry I haven't been by since Kraig was born."
"That's ok. We didn't really miss you," Gala says nonchalantly.


DeAndre has gotten very old. He uses a cane to walk and spends most of the day in this chair. Maeve isn't even sure he knows she's there.
"I'm sorry we couldn't have been a better family, dad."
Maeve leaves him alone when he doesn't respond.


"Your music is beautiful. It's like hurtling through time and relative dimensions in space in a blue wooden box."
Varinia takes this as a compliment.


"You're graduation is coming soon. You're very intelligent and I want you to know that I will help you with whatever you choose to do after high school. I promise I will be there for you."
Maeve is so touched she can barley speak.
"Thank you, mom. Thank you so much for. . .for everything."


That very night, Maeve gets the call that her father has passed away.

Muffins.


Saturdays are skilling day.


Leila shares some wisdom.
"We're poor."


"That's why we live in a dump. If we learn a lot of skills we won't be poor anymore."
Moira accepts the logic.


Varinia attends Claude's party where they have their first disagreement.
"Why do you always want to be hidden away from everyone," Claude asks.
"Why do you insist that I be around people?"


They make up a minute later.


Maeve fails at chemistry from time to time.


Sleep then clean or maybe just sleep.


Leila takes care of the house while her mother and sisters sleep.


"Dad, I want to go to a movie with you. We never get to spend time together."


Claude takes Leila and Selma to the theater.


"You know, you're the best sim that's ever happened to me."


Israel agrees.


Maeve is supposed to be babysitting.


"This is my favorite muffin recipe. Do you think you could bake that?"
Reading to sleep at its finest.


Israel stays over reading books all night.


"I really should clean up more." *grumble grumble*


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Outtakes
LOL Glitches


4 comments:

  1. I love Varinia. She's such a free spirit. I'm also really glad Maeve has gotten over her jealousy of daddy's wealth. I think she'll be just fine in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Maeve was really hung up on not having money but the older she got the happier she became. I'm glad she got over it as well because I really like her.

      Delete
  2. There's a lot of skill in this family. The skilling is strong in these ones.

    Annnd.. why wouldn't you have a muffin to mourn? He was so sad in that chair though.

    She really read her a cookbook to sleep.

    Isreal agrees. "Yes, yes I am literally the best."

    And who knew Varinia was a party animal this whole time? Cuz I sure didn't see that one coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much skilling in this family. Everyone will skill!

      Varinia didn't really give two hoots about DeAndre dying. She just had a muffin because she was hungry. He did become rather sympathetic in his old age. Poor guy was a lousy dad though.

      She really read Selma a cookbook. I cannot make this stuff up!

      Israel agrees he is amazing.

      Varinia is actually a loner and Claude is the party animal. This was the first time they disagreed about anything.

      Delete